Off-road riding – beginners to experts. Over 50 miles of beautiful woodland trails running along the banks of the Suwannee River. Friday night ride for experienced riders.
Free Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic – Learn basic skills and then ride the trails with more confidence. Taught by Mike Kelley, an IMBA certified instructor and a longstanding SBA ride guide.
Free Intermediate and Advanced Mnt. Bike Clinics (Friday, Saturday, Sunday a.m.); Informal small group rides with Harlan Price will also be offered; Private/semi-private lessons will also be available at a special low price. Harlan rode professionally for 8 years, won a couple of National Endurance Titles and raced for Team USA at the Marathon World Championships. Check out his website for TakeAim Cycling: http://www.takeaimcycling.com/
Road riding – Enjoy the quiet scenic country roads around White Springs (roads are marked & cue sheets)
Paddle Trips – dependant on river levels and weather; led by SBA Edwin McCook
• Saturday Suwannee Paddle (White Springs). The trip will either be Saturday morning or afternoon allowing you to also ride.
If you need a boat, contact the outfitter prior to the event to reserve a boat or to arrange your own paddle on Friday. Canoe/Kayak Rentals: American Canoe Adventures, White Springs, 386.397.1309 or www.aca1.com.
Yoga by Judy!
Florida Trail Eco Photo Hike – Bring your camera to explore and capture the natural beauty of the Suwannee Valley on a leisurely walk.
Bike & Hike to Big Shoals – Ride the Woodpecker paved trail through the woods and a short hike to see Big Shoals.
MEALS INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION FEE – no fuss, no mess…great food…
• Friday continental breakfast oatmeal, fruit, bagels, juice, coffee
• Saturday/Sunday Breakfast: Fresh Cranberry salas; Breakfast Breads
• 2 Lunches – Friday at HQ and Saturday catered lunch
• 2 Dinners– Friday: Lasagna dinner and Saturday Chicken, Pork Loin and sides
Camping (Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park) – Beautiful full service (electricity, water) campsites.
Other Local Lodging (Discounts may be offered for SBA Members)
• White Springs Bed and Breakfast, 386.397.4252; www.whitespringsbnb.com
• Americas Best Value Inn, 386.963.2501
• Kelly’s RV Park, (cabins) White Springs, 386.397.2616; 1.866.355.9600 www.kellysrvpark.com
• Futter’s 4 Oaks Campground and RV Park, White Springs, 386.397.1221 www.flutters4oaksrvpark.com/
• Participants under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. List name of accompanying adult, if parent will not be present. Children 5 and under do not receive t-shirt.
• Registration fee does not cover additional costs for paddle trips, such as boats and/or shuttle fees, if applicable.
• A $20 cancellation fee will be deducted from registration fees prior to Oct.5. No refunds after Oct. 5.
• Registration deadline is Oct. 5 to guarantee a t-shirt in your size.
• Event schedules will be finalized, on the SBA Web site and e-mailed prior to the festival to participants.
• Children must have an adult present at the bicycle clinics.
For questions related to the event, contact Event Coordinator: call Sharon Shea, 386.243.0115 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out pictures from past events.